Ultimate Old Fashioned
When using a high quality whisky such as The Glenlivet 18 Year Old, the key is to use the finest possible ingredients, the freshest oranges and a blend of bitters designed specifically to bring out the very best of the whisky. The strong and warming properties make it the perfect cocktail to make at home.
FOR 1 SERVE
The Glenlivet 18 Year Old
Unrefined Cane Sugar
Perfect Bitters Blend
- Add the unrefined caster sugar into the glass and add a little whisky and ice.
- Stir slowly to dissolve the sugar for about half a minute, add a little more whisky and the bitters and continue to stir for another minute.
- Add the remaining whisky and stir, taste for balance and adjust if necessary.
- Garnish with a large orange twist expressed over the surface of the drink.
PERFECT BITTERS BLEND
- Mix two parts of Angostura bitters with single parts of Bob’s Bitters Orange and Mandarin, Fee Brother’s Plum and Peychaud’s bitters.
- Leave to marry for at least a couple of hours.
Feel free to experiment with your own version of perfect bitters!
can’t get enough?
Sign up for The Glenlivet newsletters to stay in tune.