Ultimate Old Fashioned
When using a high quality single malt whisky such as The Glenlivet 12 Year Old, the key is to use the finest possible ingredients, the freshest oranges and a blend of bitters designed specifically to bring out the very best of the whisky. The strong and warming properties make this scotch old fashioned the perfect cocktail to make at home.
FOR 1 SERVE
The Glenlivet 12 Year Old
Unrefined Cane Sugar
Perfect Bitters Blend
- Add the unrefined caster sugar into the glass and add a little whisky and ice.
- Stir slowly to dissolve the sugar for about half a minute, add a little more whisky and the bitters and continue to stir for another minute.
- Add the remaining whisky and stir, taste for balance and adjust if necessary.
- Garnish with a large orange twist expressed over the surface of the drink.
PERFECT BITTERS BLEND
- Mix two parts of Angostura bitters with single parts of Bob’s Bitters Orange and Mandarin, Fee Brother’s Plum and Peychaud’s bitters.
- Leave to marry for at least a couple of hours.
Feel free to experiment with your own version of perfect bitters!
Top tip: put your spin on a classic cocktail with our Old Fashioned variations.
Rate this cocktail
can’t get enough?
Sign up for The Glenlivet newsletters to stay in tune.