Oops, it looks like this browser is no longer supported or has retired. For the best theglenlivet.com experience we recommend upgrading to Microsoft Edge.Try the Edge Browser
The story of the original whisky coffee has many beginnings, with the most common recipes featuring Irish whiskey. The Glenlivet 12-year-old has both the character to standup to coffee and the approachability to work with a combination of softer, sweet and creamy flavours. This recipe uses dark chocolate and hot pepper to integrate with the whisky and hot coffee, topped off with a finish of cold unsweetened cream.
- 40ml The Glenlivet 12 year old
- 15ml liquid chocolate
- 10ml simple syrup
- 75ml Americano coffee/ strong filter coffee
- 1 small pinch cayenne pepper
- 40ml lightly whipped double cream
- Warm a small wine glass with boiling water. Pour out the hot water. Mix the chocolate, whisky, coffee, syrup and cayenne pepper together in a heated glass. Gently pour the cream over the back of a spoon to create a creamy layer. Garnish with chocolate shavings, adding another small pinch of cayenne pepper.