Oops, it looks like this browser is no longer supported or has retired. For the best theglenlivet.com experience we recommend upgrading to Microsoft Edge.Try the Edge Browser
Pineapple has long been held as a symbol of hospitality and it's universally loved flavour is a great way to introduce people to the delicious flavours of our whisky. Even better, the pineapple in this cocktail helps to highlight the smooth, fruity style of The Glenlivet.
The Last King Whisky Cocktail Recipe
- 50ml The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve
- 25ml spice-roasted pineapple syrup*
- 20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice, and strain over hand-cracked ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a wedge of fresh pineapple.
- * SPICE-ROASTED PINEAPPLE SYRUP
- Take five cardamom pods, a single star anise, two husks of mace / ¼ of grated nutmeg, a small pinch of cumin, 2 cloves and 3 quills of cinnamon and crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Mix the finely ground spices with 200g of brown sugar and sprinkle onto thick slices of pineapple that have been skinned. Place the pineapples in an oven at 120°C for fifteen minutes to gently roast.
- Place the roasted pineapple, 200ml of pineapple juice and 200 ml of caster sugar in a blender. Straining the syrup to remove any pineapple.