Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions and by the decision of the Promoter, which is final in all matters relating to the promotion. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter: Pernod Ricard UK Limited, Building 7 Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5YG. Please do not send entries to this address.
2. Eligibility: Promotion open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who subscribe to the Glenlivet email marketing database and are aged 18 years and over, except employees and families of the Promoter and its affiliate companies, agencies and anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Excludes residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
3. Promotional Period: The Promotional Period shall begin at 09:00 GMT on 15th July 2022 and close at 23:59 GMT on 1st August 2022.
4. Entry Instructions To enter you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposal for the name of the Glenlivet hot sauce (the “Product Name”).
5. Prizes: There is one prize to be won during the Promotional Period. The prize consists of 1 bottle of The Glenlivet Hot Sauce, 1 x 70cl bottle of The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve and a branded leather BBQ apron worth £80.
6. Winner selection: 1 winner will be picked by a panel of judges from the Glenlivet brand team at Promoter. The panel will choose the most creative and suitable Product Name for the hot sauce. A member of the verification team will then contact the email in order to verify their age and obtain delivery information.
7. General: The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or prize claims that are lost, delayed or damaged for any reason whatsoever.
8. Any Product Name:
a. must be suitable for display and publication online and on product packaging and should not be obscene or indecent;
b. must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive;
c. must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or standards;
d. must not contain or refer to any products other than those of the Glenlivet and it must not contain or reference any trademarks or logos (other than those of the Glenlivet) or otherwise infringe on third party intellectual property rights;
e. must not depict or include any link to inappropriate or irresponsible drinking; and
f. must not appeal to those under the legal drinking age of 18.
Any Product Name which does not fulfil the above criteria will not be considered a valid entry.
9. In the event that it is alleged or found that the winning Product Name includes materials in which the rights are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademarks, the winner shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter’s use of the entrant’s Product Name.
10. By entering, entrants hereby assign to the Promoter any intellectual property which may subsist in their Product Name. Entrants shall, at the request and expense of the Promoter, execute such documents and do such acts as may be reasonably requested to vest in the Promoter all rights to the product name, including to enable the Promoter to apply for any intellectual property protection.
11. Incomplete entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
12. Winners may be required to take part in marketing activity in respect of the promotion.
13. Winners’ surnames will be made available upon request by the ASA or any other competent body.
14. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or date alternative is available. However, the Promoter reserves the right to award similar alternative prizes of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
15. You agree that, to the extent permissible by law, the Promoter and its affiliates, agents assume no liability for injuries, losses or damages or any kind to property or persons, including without limitation death, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from the management of or mechanics behind the promotion, entry into the promotion, the acceptance of the prize, and any acts or omissions of the companions, winner.
16. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries/claims that it reasonably believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address, age and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
20. Once all Prizes have been administered, all personal data will be deleted unless specific consent has been given for the Promoter to send further communications.
21. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
Promoter and Data Controller: Pernod Ricard UK Building 7 Chiswick Park 566 Chiswick High Road London W4 5YG