Oops, it looks like this browser is no longer supported or has retired. For the best theglenlivet.com experience we recommend upgrading to Microsoft Edge.Try the Edge Browser
Grain and Cain
Refreshingly fruity and mysterious...
The combination of whisky and raspberries is an old favorite; they're both key ingredients in Scotland's most famous dessert, Cranachan. This drink uses white balsamic vinegar to add a touch of vinous acidity and complexity for a wonderfully refreshing, fruity, and mysterious cocktail.
Grain and Cain Whisky Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 Parts The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve
- 5 Fresh raspberries
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1/6 Parts white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Simple syrup
- Shake all ingredients with ice and strain over crushed ice and a highball glass
- Raspberries can vary in their levels of sweetness. If yours are very sour, an extra dash of sugar syrup might be needed
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and a grind of black pepper