A refreshing whisky and cold brew tea-based cocktail. The sweet, fruity flavours of The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve are accompanied by delicate smokiness of Russian lapsang tea and ginger, bringing out classic malt notes and subtle spice.
Smoky Sputnik Cocktail Recipe
- 50 ml The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve
- 35ml Russian lapsang cold brew tea
- 50ml Ginger ale
- Crystalised ginger garnish
- Add fresh ice cubes to a highball/double walled glass.
- Pour Russian lapsang cold brew tea and The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve.
- Top with ginger ale and stir lightly to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add an ice cube using tongs.
- Garnish with a crystallised ginger cube on a stick on the ice to the side of the glass.
This drink can also be served as a sharing drink in a jug, pitcher or punch bowl. Simply increase the volumes of the ingredients depending on the number of people to serve.
COLD BREW TEA METHOD:
- Add 5g of loose leaf tea to a vessel and pour 100ml of cold filtered water.
- Stir until tea absorbs the water. Seal and leave at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Pour the tea into a vessel through a fine strainer and place in a fridge to cool.