Pineapple has long been held as a symbol of hospitality and it's universally loved flavour is a great way to introduce people to the delicious flavours of our whisky. Even better, the pineapple in this cocktail helps to highlight the smooth, fruity style of The Glenlivet.
- 50ml The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve
- 25ml spice-roasted pineapple syrup*
- 20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice, and strain over hand-cracked ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a wedge of fresh pineapple.
- * SPICE-ROASTED PINEAPPLE SYRUP
- Take five cardamom pods, a single star anise, two husks of mace / ¼ of grated nutmeg, a small pinch of cumin, 2 cloves and 3 quills of cinnamon and crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Mix the finely ground spices with 200g of brown sugar and sprinkle onto thick slices of pineapple that have been skinned. Place the pineapples in an oven at 120°C for fifteen minutes to gently roast.
- Place the roasted pineapple, 200ml of pineapple juice and 200 ml of caster sugar in a blender. Straining the syrup to remove any pineapple.