The story of the original whisky coffee has many beginnings, with the most common recipes featuring Irish whiskey. The Glenlivet 12-year-old has both the character to standup to coffee and the approachability to work with a combination of softer, sweet and creamy flavours. This recipe uses dark chocolate and hot pepper to integrate with the whisky and hot coffee, topped off with a finish of cold unsweetened cream.
- 40ml The Glenlivet 12 year old
- 15ml liquid chocolate
- 10ml simple syrup
- 75ml Americano coffee/ strong filter coffee
- 1 small pinch cayenne pepper
- 40ml lightly whipped double cream
- Warm a small wine glass with boiling water. Pour out the hot water. Mix the chocolate, whisky, coffee, syrup and cayenne pepper together in a heated glass. Gently pour the cream over the back of a spoon to create a creamy layer. Garnish with chocolate shavings, adding another small pinch of cayenne pepper.