A refreshing summertime whisky and cold brew tea-based cocktail. The sweet, fruity flavours of The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve are complemented by ripe berries, delicate green sencha and a touch of lime, bringing out blossom and herbaceous notes of rose & bergamot.
Japanese Summer Cocktail Recipe
- 40ml The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve
- 35ml Sencha and red berries cold brew tea
- 10ml Lime sherbet
- 55ml Soda
- Red berries on stem garnish
- Add fresh ice cubes to a highball or a double walled glass.
- Pour cold brew sencha & red berries tea, lime sherbet and The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve.
- Top with soda water and stir lightly to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add an ice cube, place red berries on stem on ice to the side of the glass.
This drink can also be served as a sharing drink in a jug, pitcher or punch bowl. Simply increase the volumes of the ingredients depending on the number of people to serve.
COLD BREW TEA METHOD:
- Add 5g of loose leaf tea to a vessel and pour 100ml of cold filtered water.
- Stir until tea absorbs the water. Seal and leave at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Pour the tea into a vessel through a fine strainer and place in a fridge to cool.